Simple Fireplace Mantel

Our fireplace was built with nothing but a wood frame around it, and was sadly lacking a mantel! So, my father came up with a great idea of using a wide piece of molding for one. I stained it to match the existing wood frame, and polyurethaned it for long lasting durability and a slight shine.

The wide molding - stained and polyurethaned, then secured into place as a mantel.

A head on view that shows the mantel looking like a perfect fit!

We added some teacup hooks at evenly spaced intervals under the mantle for displaying holiday decorations, stockings, etc.

I removed the two end leaf plate decorations since they were clashing with the tall wall pictures. That made a nice difference. I just love the coziness the fireplace adds to our living room now!

~ Many thanks to my father for his expert help with this project ~

Share your thoughts here!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting with me today!